Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Educators at MCSM

There are teachers at MCSM H.S. that are truly dedicated individuals. They put thoughtful care into crafting lesson plans each and everyday. These teachers do this not just because it is required of them, they do this because they know it makes a difference. These teachers are not satisfied with a 70% passing rate like some teachers. Some teachers at MCSM H.S. who are satisfied with a 70% passing rate have been known to use PowerPoint presentations and have also been known not to plan at all for their classes. Instead of using their time planning for lessons, they use their time relaxing. I have known and worked with Mr. Albetta for 3 1/2 years and I can say that he is one of the most patient supervisors at MCSM H.S. He spends countless hours preparing and developing curriculum that help teachers develop cohesive units. Under his leadership the social studies department boast a 95% passing rate on state exams. As a person who closely works with the Social Studies Dept I can honestly say that Mr. Albetta is a sincere man, that has good intentions, but a few teachers have their own agendas that have nothing to do with helping children. I would be happy to reveal my name, because I believe in what I say, but I am honestly intimidated by these teachers. I applaud Mr. Albetta for his courage to do his job, and to always put the educational needs of the students first!

No comments:

Post a Comment